It’s back! Twitter revives “The Agency Playbook.” It aims to explain why you and your clients need to invest in the microblogging platform. Twitter introduced its first agency playbook in 2019. According to a social media agency Hong Kong, during that time, Twitter was the number 1 platform for discovery around the world. The 2019 Agency Playbook explained how Twitter fits into a marketing strategy by choosing the most effective campaign types and specs of ad creatives. It also featured Twitter insights, pro-tips, and success stories.
By the start of 2021, Twitter ramps up in enhancing its features and tools for advertising and marketing. It even spearheaded a motto campaign to “Do business where business is done.” As it launched professional profiles and tested shop modules, Twitter decided to relaunched “The Agency Playbook” as a strategy to boost marketing growth. The platform aims to help brands and businesses connect to a world of new experiences and launch new offerings.
Twitter’s “The Agency Playbook” is divided into the following content categories:
- Why Twitter?
- Write good tweets.
- Build your campaign.
- Target your audience.
- Analyze your performance.
- Checklist, case studies, and resources.
Twitter shares some statistics of how people are using the platform to discover brands and businesses. The following data underlines the potential of using Twitter to connect with the audience and promote brand awareness. As more people are turning over Twitter, they are more engaged than ever.
- 79% of Twitter users follow a brand.
- 53% of Twitter users are more likely to be the first to buy a new offering.
- Marketers who include Twitter in their launch plan are more likely to reach KPIs 2.3x than those who don’t.
- Twitter ads drive a 40% higher ROI than other marketing channels.
- 2/3 of Twitter users influence the purchase of their families and friends.
If Twitter is the number 1 platform for discovery during the launch of the 2019 Agency Playbook, it is now the number 1 platform for brand interaction on the 2021 Agency Playbook. The richness and variety of conversations happening in the platform make it easier to offer products and services that can solve their pain points.
Write Good Tweets
Do you mean to write good ads on Twitter? To make the most of 280 characters, here are best practices to write good tweets:
- Add a strong CTA to your tweets. Twitter moves fast, so you also need to create a sense of urgency for your audience. Some examples of strong CTAs on Twitter are: “five seats left,” “follow us,” “one day sale,” or “sign-up for a webinar today.”
- Keep it short and sweet. The best-performing tweets contained 50 to 100 characters.
- The right cadence to improve your Twitter presence is tweeting 2 to 3 times per day on organic posts and 3 to 5 times per day on paid campaigns.
- Use not too many hashtags. Hashtag become clickable links once tweeted. Use relevant hashtags only especially for events.
Build Your Campaign
This category helps brands and businesses know more about Twitter’s campaign objectives. To build your campaign on Twitter, there are 8 objectives that marketers can target:
- Awareness or Reach
- Considerations that include amplify, app installs, engagement, followers, video views, website clicks
- Conversion lor app re-engagement
After choosing a campaign objective, the best way to promote products and services on Twitter are Carousel, image, Moments, text, and video ads. Carousel ads are like catalogs allowing 6 images or videos. While Moments are Twitter’s story version that disappears after 24-hours. A video marketing agency Hong Kong highlighted that video ads save 50% of the cost per engagement on Twitter. With Twitter recording 2 billion video views daily, you’ll surely boost brand awareness and reach.
Target Your Audience
There are several ways to segment or target your audiences on Twitter. These are through engagement, events, interests, keywords, look-alikes, movie and TV shows, and topics. To expand your audience, Twitter’s best tool is the audience look-alike. It also allows brands and businesses to repurpose their content.
A digital marketing speaker Hong Kong strongly recommends look-alike targeting to reach the followers of your competitors. It also noted that demographics or device targeting can shrink your audience. Another way to target an audience on Twitter is by connecting to trending conversations. It gives a brand or business more opportunities to reach a connected audience group. It is also smart to make sure that your Twitter strategy features relevant content among trends.
Analyze Your Performance
At Twitter, there are 4 main dashboards that advertisers and marketers should dig deeper into.
- The account dashboard summarizes a brand or business activity in the platform.
- The campaign dashboard that houses insights about paid activities and campaigns.
- The tweet activity board breaks down every detail of metrics for a single tweet.
- The video activity dashboard that dives into the performance of a video
Checklist, Case Studies, and Resources
The Agency Playbook also houses a checklist to make it easier for marketers to identify the factors they need to include in a campaign. It is a 12-item grab-and-go sheeter for creating Twitter ads. Throughout Twitter’s Agency Playbook, case studies and success stories are also featured to inspire advertisers and marketers.