The COVID-19 pandemic made a huge change in consumer behaviors. From visiting brick-and-mortar stores, they now prefer searching for products and services online, as a digital marketing speaker Hong Kong noted. According to a social media agency Hong Kong, social media ads and campaigns typically have links that direct users to a landing page. Even in video content, links are provided by a video marketing agency Hong Kong to bring viewers to an eCommerce webpage. Once the user is on the landing page, the next step is to convert them into customers. That is why brands and businesses should know landing pages’ best practices.
WHAT ARE LANDING PAGES?
A landing page is a stand-alone webpage specifically designed for marketing and promotion. When users click an ad on Bing, email, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other online pages, they are directed to a landing page. Its main focus is conversion. The conversion can either generate a lead or a sale. That is why most landing pages display a prominent CTA (Call-To-Action).
For a landing page to be effective, it should contain 8 essential elements. These are:
- A short but compelling headline. It should grab the visitors’ attention and state what they can get out of the page within 10 to 20 words.
- A USP (Unique Selling Proposition). It defines what makes a brand, product, or service different from the rest.
- The key benefits of your offer
- Images or videos relevant to your offerings
- Social proof – awards, citations, ratings, or reviews about the brand, product, or service
- A compelling, exciting, or persuading CTA
Please note that a landing page is different from a homepage. A homepage typically has many links directing to product catalogs or service descriptions. A landing page only has one link, and that is connected to the CTA.
BENEFITS OF LANDING PAGES
There are several benefits that landing pages offer. Among these benefits is email nurturing, increase conversion, lead generation, and sales.
- Landing pages can be used to grow and nurture your email subscribers. From time to time, you can update them with company updates together with newly launched products and services.
- One main purpose of landing pages is to increase conversion through CTAs. By having a single link connected to the CTA, you can direct visitors to your page to download a piece of software, fill in a pop-up form, make a purchase, or share the page.
- Another basic design of landing pages targets leads generation. It is how companies grow their contact and email lists.
- Last, landing pages boost visitors’ action to buy the offerings of brands and businesses. By showing them their benefits and uniqueness, it can significantly influence the visitor’s buying decision.
LANDING PAGES BEST PRACTICES
To optimize your landing pages, here are some of the best practices you can apply.
Build a mobile-friendly interface for your landing pages.
More than 83% of the world’s population own a mobile phone. As such, expect that most online users will click your ads using a mobile device. So, it is important to optimize your landing pages when viewed on mobile. They should be easy to use and intuitive. They should prominently display the CTA button.
Ensure that the landing page load in less than 3 seconds.
The average attention span of modern consumers has dropped to less than 5 seconds. Reports showed that 53% of online users leave a site if they load longer than 3 seconds. Thus, brands and businesses should ensure that their landing pages load the fastest.
Identify the common questions and pain points of your target customers.
Landing pages should answer the questions of the target customers. Better yet, they should outrightly offer the best solutions for their pain points and problems. Make it easier for them to find these pieces of information in just a click.